Sunday, July 6, 2008

New blog....

I've decided to be more creative in my cooking. I have hundreds upon hundreds of cookbooks, recipe magazines, printed recipes, pages pulled from magazines....it's time to mix it up a bit -- now that the medication has taken effect and I feel better :-) ....hence - ToothsomeTreats - my new food blog.

This holiday weekend we went to the beach and I brought BBQ'd wings and Twix brownies. Yesterday we had dinner at a friends and I took more Twix brownies for dessert. Everybody loves the Twix brownies!

Twix brownies are very simple.

All you need is:

Brownie mix(es)
Twix bars

I make a huge batch because everyone loves these. I prepare three boxes of brownie mix per box instructions....and into a prepared 15 x 18 pan -I spread 1/2 of the batter - spread it out evenly. Then lay Twix bars about an inch apart and cover with the remaining batter. Let them bake @ 350 for 30-35 minutes - cut with a plastic knife while warm (too hard to cut later)...and then remove from pan after they cool a bit.

That was my first easy made from a box recipe. I like making many things from scratch but when something works and pleases the crowd...hand me a mix!

3 comments:

Clumbsy Cookie said...

Good luck with your new born blog! Hope you have as much fun as I do!

Cheryl said...

Yummmmmmmmm!!!!

Jaime said...

sounds like a wonderful recipe!